Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

The Legend of NZ (SLJ)

Hai Blogging Unicorns!

Today I'm starting the SLJ, I'm doing at this time because I was really busy but today we have to describe a/the Maori legend in 3 facts. Here are my facts I found and the site I found them on.

1. Aotearoa is the Maori way to say New Zealand because Aotearoa means the land of the long white cloud.

2. In NZ the most language used is English and Maori but you may still talk your cultural way to other friends and family members.

3. A fact that I may not have known of is that 30% of NZ is a forest

That's All For Today, Blog You Later, Bai!!!

1 comment:

  1. Mālō e lelei Kanishka,

    Cia here from the Summer Learning Journey Ako Hiko team.

    You have definitely read the information carefully because you have paraphrased the facts you read, well done. Next time it would be great if you elaborate a little bit more on the facts that you shared. For example, how did our country get the name 'Land of the long white cloud'? Do you know what inspired that name?

    One top fact about Aotearoa for me is the fact that we were the first country that gave women the right to vote! We are an amazing little nation.

    It was nice to read some of your personal voice in your post. Keep working hard!

    Toe feiloa’i fo’i (see you again),

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete