Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

Giant Among Us (SLJ)

Hai Blogging Unicorns!

Today's task from the SLJ is to write about an endemic tree in NZ. In more information, it told us if we won't meet this tree and why? And here is what I think of this tree if I want to meet it and why.

If I had the opportunity to meet this tree I would because I think that not many people may be able to visit or get a glance of this tree. I also think yes because it is an endemic tree in our country and you'd probably see a sculpture in the museum. The last reason I want to meet this tree is that it is called the 'Tane Mahuta" (I can't put a macron on top on the 'a' in Tane) and Tane Mahuta means 'The Lord of the forest'.

That's All For Today, Bai!

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora (Hai) Kanishka!

    My name is Rachel and I am working with Megan and Cia on the Summer Learning Journey (SLJ) programme this year. It is great to see that you have posted four activities for the SLJ already! Like you, I would also love to go and visit Tane Mahuta. I think that it would be pretty amazing to spend time walking through the forest, admiring the beautiful trees and looking at the 'King of the Forest.' Did you know that Tane Mahuta is estimated to be between 1250 and 2500 years old? That is pretty old, isn't it?!

    I wonder what New Zealand was like when Tane Mahuta was just a tiny little seedling. It would have been quite different to present day New Zealand, I reckon...

    I hope that you are able to continue your learning journey with us this summer. We can learn a lot more about the amazing environment that we have here in NZ.

    Hope to see you back online soon.

    Best wishes,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete